Friday, June 2, 2017

NOVA Open Charitable Foundation WIP 2




The NOVA Charitable Foundation knight is in the home stretch. It might be hard to tell due to the gloss coat, but the armor plates are done. Once I dull coat the model the shading will be brought back forward, and the weird interplay between the matte oils and chipping and glossy undercoat (for protection) will have the same finish quality. For those who don't know, you can win this knight along with a beautiful Mechanicus force by entering the NOCF raffle. Once again we are supporting Doctors Without Borders, a wonderful organization providing medical care to people all over the world.

8 comments:

  1. That is looking awful pretty john!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey thanks Greg. I just did another round of oils, and am so close to being able to dull coat it. I really want to paint all of the sensors and optics stuff. I think that will make it pop.

      Delete
    2. This for the army or an individual auction? :)

      Delete
    3. This is for the army. I'm a team player this year. I may paint something up for the auction as well. I have a Tiger I and a Panther that would be fun to enter. I was thinking of painting the panther up in the oxide red with chalk engineering markings scheme.

      Delete
  2. Love the paint job,but the left leg looks like it has been bent the wrong way. Is this just the photos? Otherwise it realy looks nice and I am sure it will look even better with weathering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a little more bent than usual, but the model has weird legs. I could try to straighten it out, but I think I'd do more damage than good.

      Delete
  3. Looking fantastic, John! In the home stretch now - Can't wait to see it in all it's glory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice man.. I know you said the layers were taking time but the look really is worth it! awesome work.

    ReplyDelete