Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Big Box of Tallarn Heavy Weapon Teams


In my haste to paint up all of the artillery pieces, I failed to consider how many troops had to be painted to go along with them. Yesterday I managed to get most of the bast colors onto the the support troops. I plan to paint all of their guns, knives, and details tonight.

I'd like to wash their clothing with sienna, but after the last wash dried with white chalky bits in the crevices, I am not sure what to do.  I think I need to seal the models before moving forward with any washes. Since I have to seal the models, I've been thinking about using an oil based wash afterwards. I've not tried this on infantry before, but it seems like it might work well. Any thoughts? I've never heard of people using oil washes on miniatures outside of large tanks, but I am willing to give it a try. Are there any good examples of this technique online?


2 comments:

  1. I used an oil paint based wash on my plastic Tau recently, worked out quite well! The shading effects are much more subtle than that of regular washes though.

    Check out my blog under the tag 'Tau' to take a look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just checked your blog out. Did you use the oil washes on the fire warriors? It really seems subtle if those were the models.

    BTW I read your blog regularly!

    ReplyDelete