Saturday, June 2, 2012

OOP Razorback Rehab






This is the completed OOP Razorback.  Even with the final paint in place I think the quality of the underlying model is too poor for Armies on parade. I love the look of the model, but the closer you get, the more flaws stand out.  I tried dusting the model before I had sprayed the decals with dull coat. That was a mistake. I suppose that is one of the benefits of working with a model destined for a life somewhere else. It is easier to take risks. It is the first OOP razorback I've ever painted, so it was fun.

So what do you think? If I ebay this thing, and mention the replacement parts, and the extraordinary poor construction, do you think the buyer would be upset? I think the paint job is nice, but if I were buying this for myself,  my goal would be to strip it and repaint it. I'd like to save the next collector the hell which is this particular lemon. I soaked this thing in simple green for two weeks in an attempt to remove the paint and glue. It turned out that paint and glue was holding the plastic together, not the other way around!

Is this ebay-able?

5 comments:

  1. To answer your question, yes. The quality of the paint and detailing more than make up for the construction. You did what you could as far as that goes, and if two weeks in a Simple Green bath weren't enough, there's not much more you could have done. It's an excellent piece despite the flaws, and any collector would be glad to have it. Don't beat yourself up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For real, someone who plays Ultramarines and is nostalgic for the old kits will love this piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell those Rhino kits didn't go together well even when they were new. There IS a reason that GW redid them. Though I do have to admit that I kind of like the old Razorback turrets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would be happy to shell out good money for that model.

    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  5. Old school Razorback... Very nice!

    ReplyDelete