Sunday, April 29, 2012

Thunderwolves and Long Fangs A Break From My Ultras








I am not invested in how these Space wolves turn out, which is totally liberating when it comes to painting. I get to try all kinds of different blending techniques, and not worry about consistency between miniatures. When I painted the first two minis it was really just a way for me to stretch my legs with the new GW paints. I chose Space Wolves because for all practical purposes I had not painted them before (ok--a couple of years ago I painted three of them) A few dogs/wolves later and now it looks like I might end up with a full SW army. In keeping with the long tradition of the SW chapter, I am only kitting my Long Fangs out with missile launchers. Anything less would be un-wolfy.

Now while I am painting these guys with a loose, sort of sloppy feel, I do have some SW minis that I should spend some more time on. I managed to pick up a couple of squads of 13th company a while back, which I think will add some great character to the force.

So, I suppose I have to paint two more long fang squads right........


1 comment:

  1. They look good and more importantly, I'm glad the care-free painting has been liberating. That's always a nice feeling when you're not worried about how something will turn out.

    I just can't wrap my head around power armoured marines riding wolves...

    Ron, FTW

    ReplyDelete