Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Baal red is your enemy

As part of the Jawaballs painting contest, I have been doing a lot of test minis. I was really happy with this terminator last night, and then decided to put on a watered down baal red wash. I don't know what I was thinking! I had spent a few hours shading the mini cleanly, why ruin it? I still like the way the terminator turned out, but the baal red really toned down the highlights and demolished my mid tone. I will go back and re-highlight later today. As soon as the arms get pulled out of simple green I will be able to attach his lightening claws and forge world BA shoulder pads.

3 comments:

  1. I am not a good painter but I think you would do that wash before doing the highlights.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, I think he still looks really good. I can still see your mid tones a little and honestly think that them being toned down was a good thing, now it will give you a better transition when reapplying them

    ReplyDelete